GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is taken by the interested students who want to get admission in M.Tech or M.E. in leading institutes of the country. It is conducted by the combined effort of seven IITs & IISc, Bangalore.
GATE mainly tests the fundamentals. So make sure you make your fundamentals very strong & clear. This only comes with the practice. This is an ongoing process. Also time & again, you should give mock tests so that you may get an idea where you stand & how much more effort you have to give.
Coaching Material Guide: Which coaching material you should follow? How to follow. This all question gets clear with the following explanations.
- A collection of Material: Divide the books which you get into two variety. First one is the books which have fundamental & basic concepts. The second ones are those which are the problem based i.e they have some difficult & time-consuming concepts. Also, try to have the books which have some previous years questions. This helps to know the pattern of question paper & the type of questions asked.
- You should have contact with some the experienced people who had already clear GATE. Their experience is also very useful for you.
- Make sure you have gone through the syllabus & previous years question paper. This is important to become familiar with the GATE Exam. This helps to gain confidence & you perform well in the exam.
- Always start from the 1st chapter of the course. Don’t skip anyone. Even if any chapter seems not important to you, at least go through it properly once. In case any questions come related to this, you don’t miss it. Consult at least 5 books for every chapter. While reading, note down the important formulae, theorems, tricks to solve the problem etc. Try to solve as many questions as you can. This again gives you confidence.
- After all the chapters have been completed thoroughly, try to give tests. This will indicate where you stand & how much more effort is needed.